Grain silos which are gas sealed are recommended for the long term storage of grain. Gas sealed grain silos protect stored grain by ensuring that effective phosphine or controlled atmosphere fumigation of insect pests can be achieved.
Gas tight storage can be used as a “hospital” silo for pest eradication of infested grain from non- sealed existing storage.
For further information on the importance of gas sealed silos in the drive to control insects and maintain grain free of chemical residue, speak to one of our friendly staff.
- Fully factory assembled and delivered ready to use.
- Gas sealed and tested to Australian Standard AS 2628.
- Reliable pest eradication.
- Sturdy Zincalume walls/roof and galvanised hopper/support structure.
- Auto Resealing Ground Operated Centre Lid Opening.
- Silo is pressure protected with high capacity oil bath relief valve.
- Sealants (eg silicone) are NOT required each time bin is sealed.
- Silo walls/roofs are sealed using PVC and Silicone between joints at time of construction to ensure a lifetime structural seal.
- Base Manhole.
- All silo models can be varied/modified to specific customer requirements.
- Covered by Kotzur 5 year warranty.
|Model||Capacity M3||Capacity Wheat T (1)||Max Load T(2)||Height to Centre M||Height to Eave M||Nom. Diameter M||Outlet Height mm||Bottom Outlet mm||Cone Angle||Auger Length(3) M (ft)||Footing Plan Style||Wide Load Pilots(4)||Silos per truck (6)||Centre Fill Dia (mm)||Roof Side Inspection Hole(7)||Sight Glass Level Indication||External Wall Roof Ladder & Cage||Remote Opening Auto Resealing||Base Manhole||Aeration||White Colorbond Walls Roof||Bagging Chute||Fumigation System|
|K431S||31||25||28||5.9||5||3.1||600||200||35°||10.2 (34′)||4 leg||None||2||500||OPT||STD(A)||OPT||STD||STD||OPT||OPT||OPT||STD|
|K448S||48||38||44||6.1||5||3.8||500||200||35°||10.5 (35′)||4 leg||1||2||500||OPT||STD(A)||OPT||STD||STD||OPT||OPT||OPT||STD|
|K458S||58||47||53||6.9||5.8||3.8||500(5)||200||35°||11.9 (40′)||4 leg||1||2||500||OPT||STD(A)||OPT||STD||STD||OPT||OPT||OPT||STD|
* Purchase of this model is contingent to Kotzur being able to obtain an oversize permit for the route required to deliver this model.
- Wheat capacity based on typical consolidated/compacted bulk density in silo.
- Max. Load based on engineering design. This may not apply to products other than grain.
- Auger lengths are indicative only and are based on 40° angle.
- Pilot/Escort vehicle requirements may vary in certain locations (e.g. metropolitan areas).
- Outlet height on skid base silos increases when placed on concrete footings. Ref. Footing Plans.
- Number of silos that can be transported per delivery.
- Due to changes in OHS regulations, from Jan 2003 roof manhole and internal ladder are no longer supplied.
(A) One sight glass is standard in each ring. Additional sight glasses are optional.
(B) One sight glass is standard in each ring plus one additional sight glass high in top ring.
Brochures & Manuals
Kotzur's experienced sales team will help you find the best Storage Solution and delivery date to suit your needs.
2. Made to Order
All our silos are made to order at our factory based in Walla Walla (NSW).
3. Footing Preparation
Prior to your delivery, the footings will need to be completed.
Our logistics and silo delivery teams will be in touch to ensure that your silo is safely delivered and installed.