Seed silos are typically of a small capacity and designed to be emptied into bags, buckets or grain carts. Further ease of operation is added through a remote opening system, so the rooftop lid can be opened and close from ground level.
Maintaining stable storage conditions of stored seed within the optimal temperature is vital to seed viability. Kotzur’s design using Zincalume © walls and roof has been proven through our collaborations with research, to deliver the best storage conditions of available construction materials on the market. The hopper and support structure are galvanised to ensure longevity for generations to come.
Every Kotzur silo has a smooth wall design. Not only is this stronger from an engineering perspective, but is also self-cleaning and offers enhanced silo hygiene. This all but eliminates the chance of insects remaining in the silo after emptying, and subsequent cross-contamination of grain batches.
If a Kotzur silo has been designed for the product it is storing, and operated to our recommendations, we guarantee that it will empty first time, every time.
As your premium storage supplier, we at Kotzur are always able to customise a silo design to meet your requirements with our in-house design expertise. Kotzur seed silos come with a 5-year warranty and are ready for use the same day as they arrive on site.
- Fully factory assembled and delivered ready to use
- Zincalume walls and roof reduce high temperature extremes
- Galvanized hopper/support structure for longevity in harsh Australian conditions
- Open front with offset cone for easy access during emptying
- Roof hatches lock down with spring catch
- Raised outlet for convenient bagging with standard bagging chute
- Ground operated centre lid opening
|Model||Capacity M3||Capacity Wheat(1) T||Max Load T(2)||Height to Centre M||Height to Eave M||Nom. Diameter M||Outlet Height mm||Bottom Outlet mm||Cone Angle||Auger Length(3) M (ft)||Footing Plan Style||Wide Load Pilots(4)||Centre Fill 500mm||Roof Side Inspection Hole(6)||Sight Glass Level(7) Indication||External Wall Roof Ladder & Cage||Remote Opening Standard||Base Manhole||Aeration||White Colorbond Walls Roof||Bagging Chute||Slide Gate||Sealed Gastight|
|K4S18||18||15||17||4.9||4||3.1||900(5)||230||32/42°||8.3 (28′)||4 Leg||None||STD||OPT||STD||OPT||STD||STD||OPT||OPT||STD||OPT||OPT|
|K4S24||24||19||22||5.8||4.9||3.1||900(5)||230||32/42°||9.9 (33′)||4 Leg||None||STD||OPT||STD||OPT||STD||STD||OPT||OPT||STD||OPT||OPT|
- Wheat capacity based on typical consolidated/compacted bulk density in silo.
- Max. Load based on engineering design. This may not apply to products other than grain.
- Auger lengths are indicative only and are based on 40° angle.
- Pilot/Escort vehicle requirements may vary in certain locations (e.g. metropolitan areas).
- Outlet height on skid base silos increases when placed on concrete footings. Ref. Footing Plans.
- Due to changes in OHS regulations, from Jan 2003 roof manhole and internal ladder are no longer supplied.
- One Sight Glass is standard in each ring. Additional Sight Glasses are optional.
Brochures & Manuals
Kotzur's experienced sales team will help you find the best Storage Solution and delivery date to suit your needs.
2. Made to Order
All our silos are made to order at our factory based in Walla Walla (NSW).
3. Footing Preparation
Prior to your delivery, the footings will need to be completed.
Kotzur logistics and silo delivery teams will be in touch with you to ensure that your silo is safely delivered and installed.