Wetting screws (also called water addition screws, tempering or mixing screws) are used to add liquid (typically water) to a bulk material in a continuous process.
The screw flighting design has been uniquely developed to ensure that the added liquid is thoroughly mixed through the bulk solid, and for reliable operation. If coupled with a dynamic weighing device, such as the Kotzur Weigh Screw and Control System, the user can dial up the desired moisture content. Should the dwell time (time of mixing) be important in your process, the screw design can be customised to achieve the time you require.
Wetting screws are manufactured from grade 304 stainless steel to ensure that corrosion is not an issue in this high-moisture environment.
- Quality welds from our Australian factories deliver product integrity and peace-of-mind
- Hanger bearings increase equipment life, reduce power requirement, and reduce noise
- Peaked casing design sheds rain
- Finely tuned screw and paddle design for optimal mixing performance and reliability
- Material – Grade 304 stainless steel construction